Craving an easy breakfast that is delicious AND makes you feel good?! This Whole30 Taco Frittata is perfect for a weekend brunch or meal prep!
- 1 Tablespoon ghee, melted and cooled
- 1 large sweet potato, shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon ghee
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 white onion, diced
- 1/2 pound ground turkey
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons taco seasoning (make sure there is no sugar!)
- 8 eggs
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Combine ghee, sweet potato, salt and pepper in a bowl. Mix together until the sweet potato is sweet coated. Pour into a baking dish (deep dish pie plate, 9×9 inch pan) and press into the bottom.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- While the crust is cooking, add 1 teaspoon ghee to large skillet and add pepper and onions. Saute until the onions are translucent. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Bring the pan back up to medium heat and add ground turkey. Cook until no longer pink and add the taco seasoning.
- After 10 minutes, remove sweet potato crust and reduce heat on the oven to 375 degrees F. Add the peppers, onions, and ground turkey to the baking dish.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs and pour over the mixture in the baking dish.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the center is cooked through and no longer jiggles.
Keywords: whole30, taco, frittata, egg