- 3 large ripe bananas, smashed
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 dark brown sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 teaspoon vanilla*
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon cardamom
- 1 1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a 5×9 inch loaf pan with parchment paper and spray with coconut oil.
- Add olive oil to mashed bananas and stir to combine in a large mixing bowl. Mix in the sugar, egg, and vanilla, then the spices.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the baking soda, salt, and flour. Add the dry ingredients to wet and mix. Pour mixture into your prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 50 minutes to one hour, or until a tester comes out clean. Cool on a rack. Remove from pan and slice to serve.
I used my homemade Vanilla Bourbon Extract – you can find the recipe in the archives!