A simple and festive twist on a classic recipe – White Chocolate Peppermint Fudge is an easy to make holiday treat with no candy thermometer required!
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup (5 fl.-oz. can) evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 18 large marshmallows*
- 1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup candy cane pieces (about 5 candy canes)
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Line an 8-inch-square baking pan with foil.
- Combine sugar, evaporated milk, butter and salt in medium saucepan. Bring to a full rolling boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil, stirring constantly, for 4 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Stir in marshmallows, white chocolate chips, and peppermint extract. Stir vigorously for 1 minute or until marshmallows are melted. If you are having trouble getting the marshmallows to melt, turn heat to low and continue stirring until melted.
- Pour into prepared baking pan; top with candy cane pieces and press them into the fudge. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm. Lift from pan; remove foil. Cut into 48 pieces.
*You can sub in 2 cups of mini marshmallows. Mini marshmallows will make the melting process easier.
Keywords: candy, fudge, holiday, peppermint