I’m a pretty good eater. And what I mean by that is I will pretty much eat anything. There isn’t really any food that I absolutely will not eat. Except eggplant. Tried it. Hated it. Count me out.
But turkey burgers? You bet.
Hi ground turkey! I like you because you’re healthy and lean (and everything I try to be), but I don’t like your lack of flavor and general blandness. I much prefer your big brother ground beef. Where’s he? Let’s invite him to this party!
Most turkey burgers are pretty boring. And if I see them on a menu, they better be topped with an avocado, a lot of cheese, and sandwiched between a pretzel bun or I will definitely opt for that red meat option. In fact, I always opt for the red meat option – specifically the Goatsnake from Kuma’s Too. The Goatsnake is so good that I don’t even make normal burgers at home anymore – nothing I make can ever compare to the Goatsnake.
Instead I make turkey burgers at home. But not normal, bland turkey burgers… these burgers have carrots, green onions, and cilantro added to the meat. And they are served on naan after being smothered with a spicy Thai peanut sauce. Trust me, it’s the only way.
Let’s talk about this Thai peanut sauce. It’s divine and that’s really all you need to know.
But if you want more, the flavor is crazy good and is a perfect mix of peanut butter, soy sauce, a little garlic, and red pepper flakes for kick! There’s a few other ingredients too, but those ones are key. Again, trust me.
I also love using it as a dipping sauce for baked sweet fries and on top of grilled chicken!
Make sure to use the hashtag #imhungrybynature if you make any of my recipes so I can check it out! And don’t forget to follow Hungry by Nature on social media:Print
Deliciously juicy turkey burgers served on naan bread topped with Thai peanut sauce!
- 3 pieces of naan bread, torn in half
For the burgers:
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 small carrot, shredded
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro
For the Thai peanut sauce:
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/8 cup soy sauce
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1 Tablespoon water
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Combine all ingredients for the sauce in a bowl and whisk until combined. Set aside.
- Heat a large cast iron skillet over medium heat.
- In a large bowl, add the ground turkey, carrots, green onions, and cilantro. Mix to combine.
- Form the meat into three equally sized patties.
- Place patties onto hot skillet and cook on both sides until the turkey is cooked throughout, remove and set aside.
- Add naan bread to skillet to warm on both sides before serving.
- Serve each burger on the warmed naan, top with a big spoonful of Thai peanut sauce and more cilantro!
You will have leftover sauce. Don’t throw it out – it is perfect on top of grilled chicken!
- Serving Size: 1 burger
Take a bite outta that!