Coconut flour, coconut oil, and coconut butter make these coconut chocolate donuts triple the treat! Naturally sweetened and grain free makes these the perfect Halloween sweet!
For the donuts:
- 3 Tablespoons coconut flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 Tablespoons honey
- 3 eggs
For the glaze:
- 1/4 cup Artisana Organics coconut butter
- 1–2 Tablespoons almond milk
- 1 Tablespoon maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, whisk together coconut flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together melted and cooled coconut oil, vanilla extract, honey and eggs.
- Add dry ingredients to wet and fold together until just combined.
- Spray a donut pan with coconut oil or baking spray. Scoop batter into pan and bake for 7-9 minutes, until the donut springs back when you touch it.
- Cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then remove and cool the rest of the way on a rack.
- Once the donuts are cool. Microwave the coconut butter with 1 Tablespoon almond milk. Stir. Add the remaining tablespoon if the mixture is too thick. Stir in maple syrup and spoon over donuts.
Keywords: donut, coconut, coconut butter