- 2 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups unsweetened almondmilk (I prefer Califia Farms.)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 Tablespoons melted coconut oil, cooled
- 2 cups mixed berries, fresh or frozen
- 1 Tablespoons turbinado sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350° F and lightly oil an 8- or 9-inch square baking dish.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the rolled oats, chopped almonds, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
- Whisk together the almondmilk, vanilla extract, egg, maple syrup, and coconut oil. Add the wet ingredients to the oat mixture and stir to combine. Fold in the berries.
- Turn the mixture out into your baking dish. Transfer the oatmeal to the oven and bake for 25 minutes. Sprinkle the turbinado sugar over the top and bake for an additional 10 minutes, or until most of the liquid is absorbed and the oats are set – they should be spongy.
- Allow oats to cool slightly before serving.
- Store leftover in the fridge and reheat in the microwave with a splash of almondmilk!