A sweet and spicy twist to season this gorgeous tri-colored cauliflower! Roasting cauliflower makes it incredibly sweet, especially the colorful variety!
- ½ head each purple, green and orange cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons canola oil or spray
- Salt & pepper
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free soy sauce (or liquid aminos)
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons organic maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon sambal oelek (red chili paste)
- 1 large lime, freshly squeezed
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- Pinch black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Wash the cauliflower and thoroughly dry on a kitchen towel or paper towels. Cut or tear the cauliflower into bite-sized florets. Spread cauliflower onto a large baking sheet and drizzle or spray with oil. Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper. Toss for even distribution. Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes until just tender. Toss cauliflower halfway through to make sure both sides are cooked and lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, place all other ingredients in a small saucepan. During last 10 minutes of cooking cauliflower, sauté sauce over medium heat to reduce and thicken.
- Remove cauliflower from oven when slightly tender. Place in a large mixing bowl and toss with sauce. Serve immediately.
Sambal oelek can be found at select grocery stores and Asian markets.