A simple, sweet, and spicy treat to add to your Christmas cookie plate. These sweet and spicy peanut butter buds are gluten free and bring the heat!
- 1 cup peanut butter*
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 egg, at room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 3 ounces dark chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or a silpat.
- In a medium bowl, mix all ingredients until combined. Place the bowl in the freezer to chill for 15 minutes – this will help the cookies keep their domed shape.
- Using a cookie scoop (mine was a 2 teaspoon scoop), scoop cookies and place them on your prepared sheet. Place the sheet in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- Bake cookies for 9-10 minutes or until the edges begin to turn golden brown.
- Let cookies rest on cookie sheet for 2 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to finish cooling.
- Once cooled, melt 3 ounces of dark chocolate in a double boiler or the microwave. Drizzle cookies with melted chocolate and let the chocolate set.
*Do not use natural peanut butter for this recipe. You need something like Skippy or Jif.
Keywords: dessert, cookie, baking, peanut butter