A quick and simple paleo and Whole30 compliant chicken sausage frittata that is loaded with spiralized sweet potato and spinach and topped with avocado.
- 2 Aidells chicken and apple sausages*, diced
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large sweet potato, spiralized into noodles
- 3 handfuls baby spinach
- 6 eggs plus 3 egg yolks**
- Salt and pepper
- 2 avocados
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and cook sausage pieces until brown. The sausage is pre-cooked, so you are just tying to give it some color.
- Remove the sausage, add the olive oil and sweet potato. Cook until the sweet potato is soft but not mushy. Add in the spinach and cook until wilted.
- Spray a pie dish with nonstick cooking spray – I used avocado oil spray. Add in the sweet potato, spinach and chicken sausage.
- In a small dish, whisk eggs together and season with salt and pepper. Pour egg mixture into pie pan.
- Bake for 25-30 or until the eggs set.
- Serve a quarter of the frittata with half an avocado.
*This is the only chicken sausage that I have found to be Whole30 compliant – no diary or sugar.
**When I made this frittata, I had 3 egg yolks in the fridge from a previous recipe. You can easily make this recipe with only 8 eggs.
Keywords: egg dish, eggs, frittata, whole30, breakfast