For the crust:
- 1 cup gluten free old fashioned (rolled) oats
- 1 cup almonds
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 1/2 Tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 3 Tablespoons coconut sugar
For the filling:
- 3 cups strawberries
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 Tablespoons coconut sugar
For the crumble:
- 2 Tablespoons gluten free all-purpose flour
- 5 Tablespoons gluten free oats
- 3 Tablespoons brown sugar*
- 1 1/4 Tablespoon coconut oil, at room temperature
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line an 8×8-inch baking dish with parchment paper.
- Add oats, almonds, salt, and coconut sugar to a food processor and pulse into a fine meal, making sure no large pieces remain. Stream in melted coconut oil until the a dough begins to form. It should stick together when pinched between two fingers.
- Spread the dough out into the prepared baking dish, pressing down with your fingers until it is flat.
- Bake the crust for 15 minutes.
- Increase the temperature to 375 degrees F and bake for another 5 minutes. The crust should be golden brown.
- While the crust is baking, chop up your strawberries into smaller pieces. Combine strawberries, corn starch and coconut sugar in a bowl and stir to combine.
- Combine all ingredients for the crumble in one bowl; use your fingers to mix ingredients together until a crumble consistency forms.
- Add strawberries to the pre-baked crust, making sure to leave all juices in the bowl, and spread into an even layer. Cover the strawberry layer with your crumble, making sure it is evenly covered.
- Reduce oven heat back to 350 degrees F and bake for another 15-20 minutes, or until the strawberry topping is warm and bubbly and the crumble is golden brown.
- Remove bars from oven and let cool completely. Once cooled, lift bars from pan and slice into 16 even squares.
- Store bars in a well sealed container in the fridge. (I prefer these a little chilled and eaten right out of the fridge!)
You could easily sub coconut sugar here make the entire recipe free of refined sugars!