- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 can chickpeas, drained
- 1/2 cup liquid from chickpea can, at most
- 4 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons tahini
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium sweet potato, roasted
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper*
- Add garlic to food processor and process until chopped.
- Add chickpeas, lemon juice, tahini, salt, olive oil, roasted sweet potato, and spices. Process for 1-2 minutes – the mixture will be pretty thick and not completely smooth.
- Slowly add in reserved liquid and process until hummus reaches your desired consistency. (I used a full 1/2 cup.)
If you don’t love spice, cut the cayenne pepper amount to 1/2 teaspoon.