The simple mix of sweet and savory combines to make these spiced roasted parsnips and carrots your new favorite side dish! Easy enough for weeknight meals and fancy enough for holiday parties!
- 1 pound carrots, peeled
- 1 pound parsnips, peeled
- 2 Tablespoons date syrup*
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 1 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- 2 Tablespoons pistachios or pepitas
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Slice carrots and parsnip so they are roughly the same size and place on a baking sheet.
- Drizzle with date syrup, olive oil, rosemary, salt and pepper. Toss to combine.
- Roast for 40 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Top with goat cheese and pistachios.
*Can sub maple syrup, honey, or a sweetener of your choice for date syrup!
Keywords: carrot, parsnip, side dish, roasted vegetables, vegetable