A healthy vegan dish made with Trader Joe’s soy chorizo, these lettuce wraps will satisfy your Mexican craving with fresh flavors and an avocado lime sauce!
- 1 large sweet potato, chopped into small pieces
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- 12 ounces soy chorizo (I love Trader Joe’s!)
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- Bibb or gem lettuce
For the Creamy Avocado-Lime Sauce
- 1 avocado
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup packed cilantro
- Heat cast iron skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add chopped sweet potato and olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and cook for 7-10 minutes until potatoes starts to brown and begin to soften.
- Cover skillet and cook for 10 minutes until the potatoes are tender. Remove potatoes from skillet.
- Remove chorizo from casing and add to skillet, cooking until the temperature reaches 165 degrees F, about 8-10 minutes.
- While chorizo cooks, make the creamy avocado-lime sauce. Add all ingredients to a food processor and process until smooth. If the consistency is too thick, add a little more olive oil or lime juice.
- Add sweet potato and black beans into the skillet with the chorizo and cook until heated through.
- Serve the sweet chorizo mixture in bibb or gem lettuce topped with the creamy avocado-lime sauce!
Keywords: tacos, spicy, lettuce wraps, easy dinner