A tart and refreshing cocktail to cool you down on summer days. Grapefruit and tequila pair together to offer a delicious alternative to a margarita!
- 1 lime wedge
- Kosher salt
- 2 ounces mezcal
- 1 ounce fresh grapefruit juice
- 3/4 ounce fresh lime juice
- 1/2 ounce simple syrup
- 1 ounce chilled lime club soda
- 1 lime wedge, for garnish
- Moisten the outer rim of a rocks glass with a lime wedge and coat lightly with salt. Fill the glass with ice.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice, then add the mezcal, grapefruit and lime juices and simple syrup; shake well. Strain into the glass, stir in the club soda and garnish with a lime wedge.
Keywords: drink, cocktail, paloma, grapefruit, tequila