Here we are again… the last day of September. HOW DID THIS HAPPEN?!? This year has been flying by like whoa and I feel like I have been going a thousand miles a minute. September was ahhhhmazing. We finally wrapped up wedding season, ate a ton of amazing food, traveled to San Francisco and Napa, my mom visited Chicago, and Hungry by Nature is an official business!
It’s been a crazy month to say the least, and I know October is going to be just as bananas. But first, here area all of my September Favorites!
I have been a long time lover of Califia Farms Almondmilk, and I still am. Don’t get me wrong. But this bag?! I made amazing homemade almondmilk – sweetened with dates and vanilla extract. The cashew milk was equally tasty. And walnut milk is next on my list.
The best part? Homemade almond milk froths like crazy and makes my morning lattes much more enjoyable.
Simple Mills Back to School Event with Pilot Light
I was thrilled to be invited to the Simple Mills + Pilot Light Back to School event held at Whole Foods! We made pizzas, learned about sprouting, and I FINALLY tried the Simple Mills cookies! Normally I’m not a Pecan Sandy kind of person, but the pecan cookies were my fave.
Wedding Season Pts. 5 and 6
We attended the wedding of one of Pat’s grade school/neighbor friends. It was outdoors at a country club and so gorgeous! The food was phenomenal (and they were awesome about food allergies!) and so was the dancing.
We went out with a bang for the last wedding of the year! The reception was held at Salvage One. If you are a Chicagoan, I am sure you know of Salvage One from the classic photo. And yes, the venue was just as stunning as I imagined!
Cubanito from Nini’s Deli
No, this sandwich is not paleo. But HOLY COW GUYS. It was phenomenal! The gluten free bread at Nini’s Deli is out of this world, and Pat was actually jealous of the bread on my sandwich! This is the Cubanito – egg, cheese, avocado, mashed black beans, and sweet plantains.
These paleo pumpkin cookies were hands-down the best thing I made all month! They were so good that I made them 3 times… oops. And you guys loved them too! Make sure to take me and use the hashtag #imhungrybynature when you make my recipes!
Favorite Things I…
- TV Show // GLOW on Netflix. If one person comments on this post telling me they have watched GLOW I will be happy! And if you haven’t seen it, please watch the trailer.
- Movie // Return to Me. Oh how I love rom-coms! When Pat and I were dating, I begged him to watch this with me (I, of course, had already seen it a dozen times) and he refused. But on Saturday during a walk, my mom was convinced we walked by the restaurant where the movie was filmed! We looked into it, and we were wrong. But we did watch the movie and it was fun to find out Return to Me was filmed at Twin Anchors in Old Town!
- Book // Gah, I am the worst! I cannot tell you the last time I read a book for fun… does anyone have a good suggestion??
- Blog // The Almond Eater. Normally I share a single blog post with you in this section but I cannot pick only one! Erin’s blog is stunning. Her photography is absolutely gorgeous and her recipes are equally delicious. If you haven’t checked out The Almond Eater, you must!
- Artist // So I’m into Demi’s new album. I’ve never really been a big Demi Lovato fan, but her new album is FIRE. Her voice is incredible and she just belts on “Tell Me You Love Me.”
- Podcast // One Part Podcast. I recently started listening to Jessica Murnane’s podcast and love how real and honest she is. Unlike many others, her podcast isn’t scripted; she doesn’t have questions lined up ahead of time. She just has real, honest conversations with her guests. And I’m into it. Her most recent episode was with the kombucha queen – Daina Trout of Heath-Ade. Give it a listen!
Happy end of the month friends!
Are you interested in receiving a FREE two week clean eating meal plan? Subscribe HERE.
This page contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase after clicking one of my links, I may receive a small commission. The price of the item stays the same and any money I make goes to supporting this blog. I only endorse products and services that I fully believe in.
Get your copy of One Bite Might Kill Me
Get my top 3 tried and true ways I deal with friends and family who question my food choices and recipes you can bring to the table that everyone will love!