Up your nut butter addiction with a simple homemade salted cocoa cashew butter – four ingredients and a food processor stand between you and today’s snack!
Somehow, I have not shared a nut butter recipe with you since May. MAY – as in 3 months ago. Granted it was an epic recipe, but still – for someone that eats nut butter on. the. reg. it’s just unacceptable.
This recipe was not the original reason that I bought raw and unsalted cashews. I was planning on making a batch of my Chocolate Cherry Larabar Bites, decided against it, and moved forward with the salted cocoa cashew butter instead. You can thank me later; and you’re welcome in advance.
You are seriously going to love this recipe.
- It is made of 4 ingredients – That’s it! And it’s always a plus when you know EXACTLY what you are putting into your body.
- Chocolate. Pretty self explanatory, but I try to get some chocolate into my diet every day, even if that happens at breakfast.
- Ideal topping for toast, naners, oatmeal, and just right on the spoon. (Emphasis on option ‘right on the spoon’ – I highly suggest it.)
For the recipe, you definitely want to roast the cashews. Roasting helps bring out the flavor of the cashews and you certainly want that flavor for your nut butter. You can easily buy roasted cashews from the store; just make sure that they are not salted (or you can omit the salt from this recipe too!). If you have raw cashews at home, you can roast them in the oven (like I detailed in the recipe below) or use the stove top method.
After the cashews are roasted and cooled, a quick blend in your food processor and a few extra ingredients is all that you need!
It doesn’t get any easier than this! P.S. Please notice my creepy reflection on the top of the spoon… any advice on how to not let that happen is greatly appreciated.
Make this Salted Cocoa Cashew Butter and I promise your nutter butter game will be changed forever! If you make this or any of my recipes, don’t forget to post a picture social media and use the hashtag #imhungrybynature for a chance to be featured!
Facebook | Instagram | Bloglovin’ | PinterestPrint
Salted Cocoa Cashew Butter
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 20 mins
- Yield: 1 cup 1x
- Category: Nut Butter, Condiment
- 2 cups cashews, raw and unsalted
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/8 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spread raw cashews on a baking sheet and place in the oven. Roast for 5 minutes, check the cashews for color – they should begin to brown. Shake the pan to move nuts from the edges of the pan to the center.
- Place the nuts back in the oven and check for color after 3 minutes. At this point, the cashews should begin to smell nutty and toasted. If you want your cashews to be a little darker, roast for another 1.5 minutes. (I roasted mine for a total of 9.5 minutes.)
- Allow the cashews to cool. Once cool, place in a food processor and process for 5-8 minutes, or until a butter begins to form. Add in coconut oil to help process.
- Once your cashews are a butter consistency, add cocoa powder and salt. Process until combined.
- Store in a jar at room temperature.
Lick that knife clean. You know I already did!
Get your copy of One Bite Might Kill Me
Get my top 3 tried and true ways I deal with friends and family who question my food choices and recipes you can bring to the table that everyone will love!
Haha your silverware reflection comment made me laugh because that ALWAYS happens to me and I don’t realize it until i’m editing the photos lol too funny! Clearly no advice on my end!!
This cashew butter seriously looks and sounds amazing!! After I stock up on my cashews, this is SO happening! Xo
Right?! And I have no idea how to get rid of it… I’m sure if I was better at photoshop I could fix it, but for now that’s what I’m stuck with! Thank you – I hope you LOVE it!!
OK you have me 🙂 I’m curious. I’ve done this with three ingredients but never ever the salt!
Ohhh you must add the salt! It offsets the sweetness just enough 🙂