- 6 ounces rye whiskey (we prefer Bulleit Rye)
- 3 ounces water
- 3/4 ounce simple syrup
- 8 shakes of bitters
- Orange rind
- To garnish: bourbon soaked cherries
- Add all ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake vigorously for 5 seconds.
- In a rocks glass, pour the mixture over a large ice cube and top with a cherry.
- Take a slice of orange peel and pinch it to release the natural flavors and oils; run the peel around the rim of the glass and add it to the drink.
Keywords: drink, cocktail, old fashioned, rye whiskey