A wonderfully fragrant Christmas cookie!
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- In a bowl, whisk the flour and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of your electric mixer, beat the butter until smooth and creamy, about 1 minute.
- Add the sugar and beat until smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Beat in vanilla extract.
- Slowly add in the flour mixture and stir until just incorporated.
- Add rosemary and beat until just mixed.
- Flatten the dough into a disk shape, wrap in plastic wrap, and chill for at least 1 hour, or until firm, in the refridgerator.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F with the rack in the middle of the oven. Line two baking sheets with silpat liners or parchment paper.
- Lightly flour your surface and roll out the dough until it is 1/4 inch thick.
- With floured cookie cutters, cut out your shapes and place them on the prepared baking sheets.
- Place the baking sheets back into the refridgerator for 15 minutes. This will help the cookies maintain their shape when they bake.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until cookies are lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.