- 3 Tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/2 cup popcorn kernels
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup grated asiago cheese (I used Trader Joe’s Asiago Cheese with Rosemary)
- 1 Tablespoon fresh rosemary, minced
- Add the coconut oil and 3 popcorn kernels to a large, heavy bottomed pot. I used my largest All Clad for this. Cover and cook over medium-high heat until all 3 kernels pop.
- Take the pot off the heat, set a timer for 30 seconds, remove the three kernels out of the pot, and add the rest of the popcorn kernels.
- Put the pot back on the heat. As the popcorn is cooking, shake the pot occasionally until the popping slows down.
- Listen as the kernels pop; as the popping slows to where there are a few seconds between each pop, turn off the heat and take off the lid.
- Sprinkle with olive oil and salt. Toss to combine.
- Dump popcorn out onto baking sheet while it is hot, cover with grated cheese and rosemary and allow cheese to melt.