Beautiful roasted rainbow carrots sprinkled with spices make for a simple and delicious side dish.
Why do carrots get a bad rap? Do you feel that way, or is it just me? It seems like they are the boring and ugly little sister to everybody’s favorite – the sweet potato.
Carrots and I go way back – we have a long-standing, evolving relationship that looks something like this…
- Mom forces me to eat them raw because they’re “good for my eyes”. Got glasses in 4th grade.
- Went to college and ate the cute naked baby version (<— weird, I know) dipped in peanut butter because everything is good with peanut butter. Put on some weight due to the incredible amount of said peanut butter.
- Discovered the magic of roasted vegetables due to the caramelization of the natural sugars. Eat roasted vegetables multiple times a week, most often with cumin.
I kind of feel silly sharing this with you today because roasting carrots doesn’t really seem worthy of an entire post aaaand a recipe. But roasting veggies is magical. I’m not sure why it took me so long to do or what was holding me back, but now there is NO stopping me.
I also highly suggest you make some Magic Green Sauce from Pinch of Yum. It takes 5 minutes to make, tastes incredible and can literally be eaten on anything – including straight from the bowl on a spoon.
What’s your favorite way to eat veggies? Do you roast them? Or is there another way that is even more magical than the caramelization that occurs from roasting?! If there is, please tell me.
If you make these Roasted and Spiced Carrots, make sure to tell me what you think by posting on social media and using the hashtag #imhungrybynature!
Facebook | Instagram | Bloglovin’ | PinterestPrint
Easy Roasted and Spiced Carrots
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Total Time: 35 mins
- Yield: 2 large servings 1x
- Category: Side
- 1 pound rainbow carrots, scrubbed clean and dried
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin (omit for AIP)
- Salt and Pepper (omit pepper for AIP)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Slice carrots lengthwise and place in a bowl.
- Toss carrots with olive oil and sprinkle cumin, salt, and pepper over the top. Use your hand to make sure the carrots are fully coated.
- Place carrots on a baking sheet and roast for 20 minutes. Check to see if they are done by inserting a fork into the thickest part of the carrot. If it pierces easily, the carrots are done. Roasting time will completely depend on the size of your carrots – mine took 30 minutes.
A carrot a day keeps the doctor away. I think that’s how it goes.
Get your copy of One Bite Might Kill Me
Get my top 3 tried and true ways I deal with friends and family who question my food choices and recipes you can bring to the table that everyone will love!
i TOTALLY get it – carrots can be so ‘meh’ but once you roast them, its a game changer for sure! love all the colors of these guys, they would go perfect with that green sauce!
Right?! I love all the colors of these rainbow carrots. And that green sauce – I could seriously eat it with a spoon.
I always love anything with carrots, however, lately I’ve been loving cumin so I really need to try this! Yum!
DO IT! You’ll love it!
I have been obsessed with roasted carrots lately so these look right up my alley. I need to add some cumin to mine next time 🙂
I am SO cumin obsessed – I seriously add it to everything.
These look like my idea of roasted veggie heaven! So glad I stumbled across your lovely blog – your recipes look gorgeous! Will definitely be giving these a try soon *swoons at carrots* xx
Thank you so so much Grace!
Thank you so much Grace! I am so happy you stumbled across it too 🙂
I will never turn up roasted beautiful carrots!
Neither do I Rebecca!
I think you’re right about carrots being underrated! I roast sweet potatoes all the time but never thought to do it with one of my FAVORITE veggies. Silly me. This will definitely be happening this week 🙂
Right?! What is your favorite spice to add to your roasted veggies?
Pingback: Chicken Avocado Salad with Tomatillo Dressing - Hungry by Nature