Raw vegan carrot cake bars are a sweet treat for spring! Made with only 10 ingredients in your food processor and topped with cashew cream cheese frosting!
For the carrot cake bars:
1 cup carrots, shredded in a food processor
1 cup cashews
1 cup walnuts
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ginger
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
3/4 cup pitted dates (about 8), soaked
1/2 cup raisins
For the cashew cream cheese frosting:
2/3 cup cashews, soaked
1/4 cup full fat coconut milk or cream
1 Tablespoon maple syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Shred the carrots. Using a food processor with the shredding blade or cheese grater, shred carrots until you have 1 cup. Remove from the food processor and set aside.
- Create your flour. Using the S-blade in your food processor. Process cashews and walnuts until they are almost ground into a flour, but stop before it begins to form a nut butter consistency.
- Add in your spices. Add cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg to the food processor. Pulse a few times to incorporate.
- Add in the dates. Drain the dates from their soaking water and squeeze out as much liquid as possible. Add them to the food processor, pulsing until fully incorporated.
- Finish with the mix-ins! Add in the shredded carrots and raisins. Pulse a few times until they are evenly mixed throughout. You do not want to over processes here because you want little chunks of carrot and raisin throughout.
- Store and chill. Line a 4×8 inch loaf pan with parchment paper and add in your carrot cake mixture. Flatten with a spatula and place in the fridge to set while you make the frosting.
- Make the frosting. Drain the cashews and add them to the basin of a clean food processor or high powered mixer. Add in the coconut milk, maple syrup, and vanilla extract. Process for a few minutes until completely smooth.
- Top the carrot cake. Remove the cake from the fridge and top it with the cashew cream cheese frosting. Place the raw vegan carrot cake into the freezer for at least 30 minutes until set.
- Serve. Remove from the freezer and let it come to room temperature for 5 minutes before cutting and serving.
Keywords: carrot cake, dessert, raw, vegan