For the base:
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- pinch of salt
- 4 pitted soft dates, soak if not soft
For the filling:
- 3/4 cup raw cashews, soaked
- 1/3 cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/4 cup freeze dried raspberries
- 2 pitted dates
- Soak the cashews in water for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight.
- Prepare your container. I used a silicone ice cube tray for old fashioned style cubes. If using a muffin pan, cut small strips of parchment paper and place two in an X pattern in each cup. This will help remove the bars at the end. If using a bread pan or something similar, line with parchment.
- Add all of the base ingredients to a food processor and process until the mixture is finely ground and even in texture. It will not come together to form a dough, but if you press it between your fingers, it will hold together.
- Divide the base evenly between your individual ice cube trays, pressing down firmly to form an even layer. Place in the fridge to set while you are making the filling.
- Make the filling. Drain the cashews and process in the food processor with the rest of the filling ingredients. Process until smooth and creamy.
- Top the bases evenly with the filling, smoothing the surface.
- Place in the freezer to set for 2 hours.
- Remove from mold and store in airtight container in the freezer.
- Remove from freezer 20 minutes before serving.
- Top with fresh raspberries!