Creamy and delicious raw raspberry lemon bars! These adorable bars are free of eggs, grains, gluten, dairy, and refined sugars – plus they are perfect for Easter!
I did a thing. An insanely delicious, adorably small, perfectly square, and obnoxiously pink thing.
Can you guess??
It’s SPRING in dessert form! Between the color and the flavor and the overall happiness that these raw raspberry lemon bars exude, I just cannot imagine a dessert more perfect for the season.
Ok, let’s talk about these raw raspberry lemon bars.
- They’re vegan and totally raw.
- I made them in a silicone ice cube tray. This one to be exact. And while the original purpose is GOOD, this is pretty darn sweet.
- I ate two the day that I made them… and one the next.
So vegan and totally raw? I know, kinda weird but hear me out.
I wanted to make a spring dessert that would be perfect for Easter, Mother’s Day, bridal showers, etc. But I wanted the dessert to be one that could be made in advance and didn’t require any baking. Well that’s no small feat!
I thought back to my recent discovery of cashew cream and questioned whether it would freeze and set up well… spoiler: it did!
These Raw Raspberry Lemon Bars only require 20 minutes of work, 6 ingredients and a food processor! This is how it’s done:
- Pecans, coconut, and dates are processed until the crumb base forms. This is pressed into the ice cube tray and left to chill in the refrigerator.
- Cashews, lemon juice, dates, and freeze dried raspberries take their turn in the food processor and ultimately top the chilled base.
- The whole thing is frozen for 2 hours and you are DONE.
And if that doesn’t scream ‘spring’, then I don’t know what does!
Tell me: What flavor should I try next?
Make these Raw Raspberry Lemon Bars, post a picture on social media and use the hashtag #imhungrybynature for a chance to be featured!Print
For the base:
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- pinch of salt
- 4 pitted soft dates, soak if not soft
For the filling:
- 3/4 cup raw cashews, soaked
- 1/3 cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/4 cup freeze dried raspberries
- 2 pitted dates
- Soak the cashews in water for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight.
- Prepare your container. I used a silicone ice cube tray for old fashioned style cubes. If using a muffin pan, cut small strips of parchment paper and place two in an X pattern in each cup. This will help remove the bars at the end. If using a bread pan or something similar, line with parchment.
- Add all of the base ingredients to a food processor and process until the mixture is finely ground and even in texture. It will not come together to form a dough, but if you press it between your fingers, it will hold together.
- Divide the base evenly between your individual ice cube trays, pressing down firmly to form an even layer. Place in the fridge to set while you are making the filling.
- Make the filling. Drain the cashews and process in the food processor with the rest of the filling ingredients. Process until smooth and creamy.
- Top the bases evenly with the filling, smoothing the surface.
- Place in the freezer to set for 2 hours.
- Remove from mold and store in airtight container in the freezer.
- Remove from freezer 20 minutes before serving.
- Top with fresh raspberries!
Make sure to pin this for later!
Get your copy of One Bite Might Kill Me
Get my top 3 tried and true ways I deal with friends and family who question my food choices and recipes you can bring to the table that everyone will love!