- 8 medium carrots, cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 4 medium beets (I used a mix of red and golden), cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 medium rutabaga, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 3 Tablespoons grass fed ghee, melted
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Combine carrots, beets, and rutabaga in a large bowl. Toss with ghee until coated.
- Transfer vegetables to two baking sheets, making sure not to overcrowd your pans. Sprinkle with salt.
- Roast for 40-50 minutes, until vegetables are soft and cooked through. Make sure to stir halfway through so the vegetables can brown on both sides.
Feel free to use whatever mix of root vegetables you would like. This would be great with sweet potato and parsnips as well!
Recipe was slightly adapted from The Autoimmune Paleo Cookbook.