Paleo zucchini muffins are gluten free, grain free, and refined sugar free! Made with almond flour and sweetened with bananas, these veggie packed muffins are the best breakfast or snack.
- 2 bananas, mashed*
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup grated zucchini, squeezed in paper towels to remove as much water as possible
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a muffin tin.
- Prepare the wet ingredients: in a large bowl, mash the bananas and add in the egg, almond butter, and vanilla. Stirring to combine.
- Prepare the dry ingredients: whisk together the almond flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, stirring until fully incorporated.
- Fold in the grated zucchini. Divide between 9 muffin tins.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool in muffin tins for 10 minutes and then remove and finish cooling on a cooling rack.
- Store at room temp for 3 days or up to a week in the fridge.
*Can substitute with 3/4 cup applesauce.