These Paleo Zucchini Banana Muffins using Simple Mills Banana Bread Mix are the perfect healthier muffin to help get us back to balanced! Grain-free, dairy-free and loaded with an extra serving of veggies make these muffins perfect for breakfast or dessert!
For the muffins:
- 1 large extra ripe banana (about 1/2 cup mashed)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 Tablespoons avocado oil*
- 1 box Simple Mills Banana Muffin Mix
- 1 cup grated zucchini
- 1/3 cup diary free chocolate chips
For the glaze:
- 1/4 cup coconut butter
- 1–2 Tablespoons almond milk
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Using a fork, mash the banana. Add eggs, water, and oil. Whisk to combine.
- Add Simple Mills Banana Muffin Mix and whisk until well blended.
- Using a paper towel, wring out excess water from grated zucchini. Add zucchini and chocolate chips to mixture and fold in.
- Pour batter into a lightly greased or paper-lined muffin tin, filling each 2/3 full.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool the muffins in the tin for 5 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack.
- Once cool, microwave the coconut butter with 1 Tablespoon almond milk. Stir. Add the remaining tablespoon if the mixture is too thick. Stir in maple syrup and spoon over muffins.
*You can also use coconut oil or vegetable oil.