A simple, spicy, and whole30 approved paleo pumpkin turkey chili that is made in a slow cooker and screams fall – the perfect meal for the whole family!
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper. chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeds and ribs removed, finely chopped
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 2 cups cubed butternut squash (I used the pre-cut bag from Trader Joe’s)
- 2 cloves garlic, mined
- 1 Tablespoon cumin
- 3 Tablespoons chili powder
- 1 Tablespoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1–15 oz can pumpkin puree
- 2–14.5 oz cans fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 cup chicken stock
- Toppings: sour cream/Greek yogurt/coconut yogurt, avocado, cilantro, sliced jalapenos, sliced green onions, tortilla chips, cheese*
- Heat olive oil over medium. Add ground turkey and brown. Once cooked, add to slow cooker.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the slow cooker and mix to combine.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Serve with your favorite toppings!*
*To make this Whole30 approved, make sure your fire-roasted tomatoes have no added sugar and omit sour cream/Greek yogurt, cheese, and tortilla chips.
Keywords: chili, slow cooker, turkey chili