These paleo pumpkin cookies are perfect for fall and are allergy friendly! Made with almond and coconut flour, seasoned with pumpkin spice, and stuffed with chocolate chips – they are a cookie that everyone will love!
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/3 cup dairy free dark chocolate chips
- Sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, combine melted coconut oil, pumpkin, egg, maple syrup and vanilla extract. Whisk together.
- In a small bowl, whisk together almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, and pumpkin pie spice.
- Add dry ingredients into wet and mix until just combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
- These cookies can be baking in two sizes. For small cookies, use a small scoop and scoop the dough onto silpat lined cookie sheet. This should yield approximately 20 cookies (two bites each!). Top with flaked sea salt and bake for 12-14 minutes.
- For large cookies, divide dough into 10 equal portions. Form each section into a ball and flatten with your fingers. Top with flaked sea salt and bake for 13-15 minutes.
The baking times are listed for how long it took to get a little brown on the edges. But know that these are very moist cookies; as they sit overnight, they will soften. Personally I love gooey cookies! But you could bake them for a little longer if you don’t.
Keywords: cookie, pumpkin, fall