This paleo chocolate pecan tart is a super simple, crazy delicious, and make-ahead recipe that is perfect for your Thanksgiving table. No gluten, grains, or dairy – so everyone can enjoy!
For the crust:
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1 Tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 pinch salt
For the chocolate ganache:
- 3 oz. dark chocolate, chopped (make sure to use diary-free to keep it paleo!)
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
For the pecan butter caramel:
- 3/4 cup salted vanilla pecan butter
- 1 cup medjool dates (about 8 dates), pitted and soaked in hot water for 30 mins if needed
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- Heavy pinch sea salt
For the topping:
- 1 cup pecans
- 1/4 cup diary free chocolate chips
- For the crust: Preheat oven to 350ºF and spray a 9″ tart pan with coconut oil spray. In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine the almond flour, coconut flour, and salt. Stir in the melted coconut oil and maple syrup and mix until fully combined.
- Transfer dough to a pan. Using the bottom of a cup or your fingers, evenly press dough in bottom and up sides of pan. Using a fork, mark the bottom of the dough; this prevents it from puffing up.
- Bake in center of oven until golden and firm, about 10-12 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For the chocolate ganache: Place the dark chocolate in a bowl. Microwave the canned coconut milk for about 30 to 45 seconds or until steaming. Pour the hot coconut milk over the chocolate and let stand for a few minutes. Stir until fully melted and combined. Pour into the cooled crust and transfer to the refrigerator to cool completely, about 1 hour.
- While the ganache is setting, make the pecan butter caramel: In a food processor, blend the pecan butter, dates, almond milk, and sea salt on high speed until smooth and creamy; about 1-2 minutes.
- Spread the pecan butter caramel over the ganache. Top with pecan halves and chocolate chips, pressing the ingredients into the caramel.
- Keep stored in the refrigerator until ready to eat.
Keywords: pie, tart, pecan pie, dessert, Thanksgiving, holiday