I am so excited to share this recipe with you and it’s been hard keeping it a secret for so long. For those on my email list, you got early access to this recipe when my paleo Thanksgiving e-book came out last week. But the rest of you?? Today is the day.
Have you ever seen anything so perfect?
The crust is the only part of this tart that requires baking and consists of 5 ingredients – almond flour, coconut flour, maple syrup, coconut oil, and salt.
After the crust bakes and cools, a chocolate ganache is poured on next. And that is topped with a pecan butter caramel.
HOLY MOLY. This pecan butter caramel is the best thing I’ve eaten all year.
Let’s talk pecan butter caramel.
If you can find pecan butter at the grocery store, buy it. I’m all about making things from scratch if you have the time. I, of course, made this tart over a week ago and had plenty of time to make my own pecan butter. But Thanksgiving isn’t necessarily a ‘let’s make everything from scratch’ kind of holiday. So this is certainly a step you could skip.
If you want to make your own, here’s how I did it: I lightly roasted my pecans on a baking sheet (about 10 mins on 350 degrees F). Then I added the roasted pecans, 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract and 1/2 teaspoon salt in my food processor and processed until a nut butter formed.
This salted vanilla pecan butter is combined with medjool dates, almond milk, and a little more sea salt to make the creamiest caramel spread of your life.
And the best part? This is totally a make-ahead dessert! I’ll be prepping this tart, cranberry sauce, and a few other recipes during Thanksgiving week so turkey day isn’t quite so crazy!
Want to see what else I’m making? Grab my Thanksgiving e-book and get all 14 recipes today!
I know you are going to swoon over this paleo chocolate pecan tart!! Make this for your fam this Thanksgiving and post a picture on social media – use the hashtag #imhungrybynature so that I can see!Print
This paleo chocolate pecan tart is a super simple, crazy delicious, and make-ahead recipe that is perfect for your Thanksgiving table. No gluten, grains, or dairy – so everyone can enjoy!
For the crust:
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1 Tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 pinch salt
For the chocolate ganache:
- 3 oz. dark chocolate, chopped (make sure to use diary-free to keep it paleo!)
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
For the pecan butter caramel:
- 3/4 cup salted vanilla pecan butter
- 1 cup medjool dates (about 8 dates), pitted and soaked in hot water for 30 mins if needed
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- Heavy pinch sea salt
For the topping:
- 1 cup pecans
- 1/4 cup diary free chocolate chips
- For the crust: Preheat oven to 350ºF and spray a 9″ tart pan with coconut oil spray. In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine the almond flour, coconut flour, and salt. Stir in the melted coconut oil and maple syrup and mix until fully combined.
- Transfer dough to a pan. Using the bottom of a cup or your fingers, evenly press dough in bottom and up sides of pan. Using a fork, mark the bottom of the dough; this prevents it from puffing up.
- Bake in center of oven until golden and firm, about 10-12 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For the chocolate ganache: Place the dark chocolate in a bowl. Microwave the canned coconut milk for about 30 to 45 seconds or until steaming. Pour the hot coconut milk over the chocolate and let stand for a few minutes. Stir until fully melted and combined. Pour into the cooled crust and transfer to the refrigerator to cool completely, about 1 hour.
- While the ganache is setting, make the pecan butter caramel: In a food processor, blend the pecan butter, dates, almond milk, and sea salt on high speed until smooth and creamy; about 1-2 minutes.
- Spread the pecan butter caramel over the ganache. Top with pecan halves and chocolate chips, pressing the ingredients into the caramel.
- Keep stored in the refrigerator until ready to eat.
Keywords: pie, tart, pecan pie, dessert, Thanksgiving, holiday
Pin this for your Thanksgiving menu!
Join the Hungry by Nature tribe!
Get the latest recipes, exclusive content, and much more!