This one-pot dish is the easiest weeknight fix to cure those Mexican cravings!
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 jalapenos, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed
- 1 cup chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup corn
- 1 can diced tomatoes – I like using fire-roasted tomatoes for extra flavor.
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Juice of 1/4 lime
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
Toppings: more cilantro, shredded cheddar cheese, Greek yogurt, guacamole, whatever you want!
- In a medium pot, heat a little oil and add the garlic and jalapenos, cooking until just fragrant. About 1 minute.
- Add the quinoa, stock, beans, corn, tomatoes and salt. Bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat and simmer until the liquid is just absorbed, about 20 minutes.
- Stir in the lime juice and cilantro.
- Top with cheese, Greek yogurt, and more cilantro.
I like to add shredded chicken to this dish to amp up the protein and to cure my husband’s need for meat-filled dinners!