These energy bites are my jam. I have a super sensitive stomach when it comes to eating before a workout. Normally if I am working out in the morning, I won’t eat anything. But I also know how important it is to give myself a little boost before I break a sweat.
Enter the Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Energy Bite.Print
adapted from Ambitious Kitchen
- 1 cup pitted medjool dates
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- 1 T chia seeds
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- Cover pitted dates with water and let soak for 15 minutes, then drain.
- In the bowl of a food processor, add in pitted dates and process until a date paste forms.
- Add in peanut butter and process again until well combined.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, chocolate chips, chia seeds, and coconut.
- Add peanut butter mixture to bowl and mix together. (The mixture is very sticky – I use my hands to make sure the ingredients are well incorporated.)
- Roll the dough into small balls approximately 1 1/2 inch in size and place on parchment paper. Freeze for 15 minutes, then move to the fridge for storage. Makes about 20 bites.
These bites are filled with protein and fiber – so they are great for you. And it also helps that they taste like dessert. Win – Win!