These energy bites are my jam. I have a super sensitive stomach when it comes to eating before a workout. Normally if I am working out in the morning, I won’t eat anything. But I also know how important it is to give myself a little boost before I break a sweat.
Enter the Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Energy Bite.
They are the perfect size – just enough to have something in my stomach and give me the energy I need to make it through my workout, but not too big that I get a side ache or my stomach hurts.
No Bake Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Energy Bites
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Total Time: 45 mins
- Yield: 20 1x
adapted from Ambitious Kitchen
- 1 cup pitted medjool dates
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- 1 T chia seeds
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- Cover pitted dates with water and let soak for 15 minutes, then drain.
- In the bowl of a food processor, add in pitted dates and process until a date paste forms.
- Add in peanut butter and process again until well combined.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, chocolate chips, chia seeds, and coconut.
- Add peanut butter mixture to bowl and mix together. (The mixture is very sticky – I use my hands to make sure the ingredients are well incorporated.)
- Roll the dough into small balls approximately 1 1/2 inch in size and place on parchment paper. Freeze for 15 minutes, then move to the fridge for storage. Makes about 20 bites.
These bites are filled with protein and fiber – so they are great for you. And it also helps that they taste like dessert. Win – Win!
Get your copy of One Bite Might Kill Me
Get my top 3 tried and true ways I deal with friends and family who question my food choices and recipes you can bring to the table that everyone will love!
These look delicious!! My husband and I do green smoothies in the mornings but it’s nice to send some mid morning snacks to work with him too. These look perfect!!
Pingback: Pumpkin Spice Energy Bites - Hungry by Nature
Pingback: 39 Energy Bites Recipes - Reach Your Peak