Happy Tuesday friends! I am still recovering from my long weekend in DC for a bachelorette party… I indulged a bit too much, but it was worth it! It was an incredible time and definitely the best part of May. And here is everything else I loved this month.
Nuzest Quick Vita Kick
I’ve been using Nuzest Clean Lean Protein for almost a year and was so excited when they came out with Quick Vita Kick. With 60+ recognizable ingredients (yep! you can actually recognize ALL of them), it’s a delicious blend of greens, fruits, vegetables and berries; plus, pre and probiotics, digestive enzymes and a full range of essential vitamins and minerals to support health and vitality. Oh and the cacao mint flavor is GOOD.
I’ve been on the hunt for a new summer sandal and found them! These Rebecca Minkoff sandals are so comfortable (thank you chunky heal!) and cute too.
Hands down, these are the best meatballs I have ever eaten, and most certainly made! These beauties lure you in with their seared edges and give you a little kick due to the gochujang. I served them with cauliflower rice making the entire dish paleo and Whole30 compliant. And I will most certainly be doubling the recipe next time I make them!
Egg-in-hole Carrot Spirals
I was inspired by my friend Kelly from Eat the Gains whose breakfast is always on point. She uses spiralized sweet potatoes but I picked up some spiralized carrots from Trader Joe’s and it made for a super easy breakfast!
Favorite Things I…
- TV Show // Master of None Season 2 on Netflix. I’m a big fan of Aziz Ansari and I know this show hasn’t gotten rave reviews from a lot of people, but I really enjoyed it! And that is probably because there is so much food in the show – Aziz’s character is food obsessed and it was a major element in every episode. And I just love his friend Arnold – hysterical.
- Documentary // The Seven Five on Netflix. The Seven Five is a documentary about the dirty cops, and one in particular, in 75th precinct in New York City in the 80s. It is completely incredible and terrible all at the same time.
- Book // The Autoimmune Wellness Handbook by Mickey Trescott and Angie Alt. I purchased this book to add to my growing collection of autoimmune resources and love all of the practical advice the authors share. They successfully describe the path to healing an autoimmune disease no matter what the starting point. I highly recommend it for those who are struggling with autoimmune symptoms!
- Blog // Why Do We Insist on Socializing at Night? It’s terrible and makes no sense on Man Repeller. YAAAS. As I read this article, I kept nodding my head and saying yes over and over again. Let’s back up. I’m a morning person. I’ve never been a night owl. And I’m a total grandma – I go to bed by 10 pm every night. Some people get their energy from being out late at night and dancing until 2 am, but not me. So why do we always have to socialize at night? Why can’t we meet for lunch? Or juice?
- Artist // The Lumineers. I’ve never been a big fan of this group – didn’t dislike them but never really liked them either. But, I love their new album and the song Cleopatra was perfect for this months Lyrics & Libations post.
- Podcast // On Being – Resilience After Unimaginable Loss with Sheryl Sandberg & Adam Grant. Almost three years ago, my dad passed away and the grief that comes with that kind of loss is overwhelming. In this podcast, Sheryl Sandberg – COO of Facebook and author of Lean In – discussed the grief she felt after the sudden loss of her husband and the resilience that is often coupled with unimaginable loss. It was incredible to hear her speak so openly and candidly on the subject. For those who have experienced a loss of this magnitude, I hope you find the comfort that I felt in Sheryl’s words. And for those who are lucky enough to not have experienced this, I highly recommend you listen as well. She gives some great advice on how to treat those who are going though a grieving period and I promise you it is not something you have heard before.
Happy end of May friends!
Thank you to everyone who filled out my reader survey last week! If you haven’t had a chance do so, I would appreciate it if you could spend 3 minutes filling it out for me. You can get the survey HERE.
This page contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase after clicking one of my links, I may receive a small commission. The price of the item stays the same and any money I make goes to supporting this blog. I only endorse products and services that I fully believe in.
Get your copy of One Bite Might Kill Me
Get my top 3 tried and true ways I deal with friends and family who question my food choices and recipes you can bring to the table that everyone will love!