I honestly cannot believe it’s already the end of the month. WHY DOES TIME GO BY SO FAST?!
Ok ok ok, I know I say something like that every month; but damn (!!) time feels like it has been flying by at lightning speeds! SO here is everything I have been loving this March.
J.Crew Long-Sleeve Bodysuit
After seeing Liz post about how fabulous she feels in this J.Crew bodysuit, I went straight the to store and came home with both colors. Who knew that a crew neck, long-sleeved shirt could make you feel so fabulous!?
Iron & Oar
I had the amazing opportunity to try out Iron & Oar – a boutique fitness studio in Lakeview specializing in a rowing classes combined with weightlifting! Each class is broken into two parts: cardio (rowing) and strength (weight lifting). It was cool to get an actual lesson on how to properly row and it was great to challenge my body in a new way. Next time, I am going to try their ROGA class – rowing and yoga!
As I mentioned last month, I discovered my love for pilates megaformer classes. While in Houston last week, I found a great studio – HIP Fitness – with a $15 class for first-timers! Let me tell you, this class was KILLER. 45 minutes of non-stop movement on the machine. To say I was sore for 3 days is an understatement.
Chicken Taco Salad and Hibiscus Kombucha
This could be the best salad I have ever eaten in my entire life – the Taco Salad from Local Foods in Houston. It was hearty and delicious and full of greens, protein, complex carbs, and healthy fats. It also helped that the restaurant was light and airy and they had kombucha on tap. I was a very happy girl.
Korean Turkey Burgers
Oh. My. Goodness. These burgers were GOOD. Like I was so excited for tomorrow’s leftovers good, but Pat liked them too much to leave leftovers… These Korean Turkey Burgers are from a fellow Chicago blogger – Nora at A Clean Bake. I have loved every single recipe of Nora’s that I have made and I will definitely be making these again!
Favorite Things I…
- TV Show // The Great British Baking Show – PLEASE tell me that you’ve watched all three seasons that are available on Netflix. Please please please. And please call me so we can talk about it. I’m obsessed with Mary Berry (but, who isn’t?!) and cannot get over her use of the word ‘scrummy’ and the phrase ‘soggy bottoms’. Now all you need to do is watch this.
- Movie // CHiPs – This movie was so freaking funny. I have never seen the show that it was based on, and am told it was a drama; but Dax Shepard and Michael Pena are so good together. At one point during the movie, I actually spit I was laughing so hard.
- Book // A Simple Guide to the Paleo Autoimmune Protocol by Eileen Laird – I’ve been doing a ton of reading lately about the AIP diet. While most books are pretty information dense and lengthy, Eileen’s book is short and to the point. I read the entire thing in under 3 hours and it’s small enough to fit in your purse and take with you for a quick reference while out. I’ve been thinking about adapting a paleo diet to see if my Raynaud’s symptoms improve, but I would love to hear your thoughts. Have you ever adapted a paleo or AIP diet to manage autoimmune symptoms? Please comment below or send me an email!
- Blog // How To Be A Successful Beginner Blogger by Miss Allie’s Kitchen – My blogger bestie wrote this fabulous article about being a beginner blogger and starting your own business. This article is seriously chock-full of good information and helpful tips on getting started. If you are thinking about starting your own blog, make sure to give it a read!
- Artist // The Neighbourhood. I featured The Neighbourhood’s Sweater Weather in Lyrics & Libations and I seriously cannot get enough of this group. I hiiiiighly recommend checking out all of their music on Spotify; but one of my favorites is RIP 2 My Youth.
- Podcast // Food Blog Business with Lindsay Cotter on The Chopped Podcast. Lindsay is the brains, business, recipe creator, food photography, and everything behind Cotter Crunch. I love hearing stories from food bloggers about how they approach turning their blog into a business and her unique story of how she got started!
Happy Friday friends and Happy last day of March!
This page contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase after clicking one of my links, I may receive a small commission. The price of the item stays the same and any money I make goes to supporting this blog. I only endorse products and services that I fully believe in.