Maple syrup and tahini transform a classic granola recipe into something slightly sweeter and nuttier – perfect for breakfast or a snack!
I have been on a tahini kick lately. I love it in baked goods, in dressings, and obviously hummus. Tahini is a paste made from ground sesame seeds; so it adds a nutty flavor to your dish. And the nuttiness pairs well with the sweetness from the maple syrup.
I based this recipe off my absolute favorite granola recipe – which I go back to it again and again. All I did was swap out the honey with maple syrup and added in equal parts of tahini. Easy! And so worth it.
I know the tahini might sound weird, but trust me. It really just amplifies the nutty flavoring to your granola. But if you’re still skeptical, here is some simple math which should clear up any confusion.
Granola = nuts + seeds + other good stuff
Tahini = sesame seeds
with a simple substitution, you will find that…
Granola = nuts + tahini + other good stuff
See? It makes total sense. #mathwhizrighthere
You are seriously going to gobble this right up! Use this Maple Tahini Granola on top of your smoothies, fruit and yogurt bowls, or straight out of the jar and into your mouth (my preferred method of consumption)! And don’t forget to follow me on social media so you won’t miss out on anything!Print
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup almonds, chopped
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup pepitas
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- ⅓ cup coconut oil
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup tahini
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine oats, nuts, and shredded coconut in a large bowl.
- In a small saucepan, melt coconut oil, whisk in maple syrup and tahini until combined.
- Pour liquid over oat mixture and stir, making sure everything is coated.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper or spray with non-stick spray. I love using Trader Joe’s Coconut Oil spray. Pour mixture onto sheet.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, stirring once.
- Let cool, crumble, and enjoy!
It’s the nuttiness… have I already mentioned that?
Get your copy of One Bite Might Kill Me
Get my top 3 tried and true ways I deal with friends and family who question my food choices and recipes you can bring to the table that everyone will love!