HUBBA HUBBA MOMMA IN TROUBA.
Pat and I have been rewatching New Girl on Netflix and that is easily my favorite line of the show. It also is the most accurate depiction of how I feel about this Maple Tahini Fall Harvest Salad.
To be honest, I’m never been good at making salads. At least not salads that serve as the main course. I order salads at restaurants and enjoy them; but it wasn’t until recently that I figured out why my salads at home were not up to par.
Yep. Now this might seem obvious to some, but it took me a long time to figure this out. I want a salad with some crunch, some cream, some salt, some sweet, some pop, some pizzazz – you know?!
Luckily, this salad has got it!
- Crunchy greens
- Smooth squash
- Creamy tahini
- Sweet maple
- And a pop of pomegranate!
Plus, it’s topped off with none other than my grain free granola!
Granola isn’t just a breakfast food. It adds the perfect crunch to top off this maple tahini fall harvest salad and just a bit of sweetness too.
Seriously guys, it’s so so good.
I am so excited for you to make this Maple Tahini Fall Harvest Salad!! When you do, post a picture on social media and use the hashtag #imhungrybynature so that I can see it!Print
The perfect mix of fall flavors and textures come together in this one paleo and gluten free Maple Tahini Fall Harvest Salad!
For the salad:
- 2 cups cubed butternut squash (I used the pre-cut squash from Trader Joes)
- Drizzle olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 bunch green kale
- 1 pound brussels sprouts
- 4 ounces proscuitto
- Seeds from 1/2 pomegranate
- 1/3 cup Hungry by Nature Grain Free Granola
For the maple tahini dressing:
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1 Tablespoon dijon mustard
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Toss butternut squash in a drizzle of olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast for 30-40 minutes, until cooked through.
- While the squash roasts, prepare the rest of the salad. Remove kale leaves from stems and finely chop. Add kale to large bowl. Using a mandolin, food processor, or knife, shred brussels sprouts. Add to kale and toss to combine. Slice proscuitto and add to salad. Add pomegranate seeds.
- Add the roasted squash.
- Make the maple tahini dressing: Combine all dressing ingredients in a jar and shake to combine.
- Add to salad and toss together.
- Top with Hungry by Nature Grain Free Granola!
Keywords: salad, fall, tahini, butternut squash
Make sure you pin this recipe for later!
Join the Hungry by Nature tribe!
Get the latest recipes, exclusive content, and much more!