Packed with two superfoods and only 5 ingredients, these maca cacao energy bites are the perfect pre-workout snack or afternoon pick me up!
- 1/2 cup cashews, raw and unsalted
- 1/2 cup pepitas
- 1 cup packed pitted dates
- 2 Tablespoons maca powder
- 1 Tablespoon cacao powder
- Add cashews and pepitas to the basin of a food processor or high powdered blender. Pulse 5 or 6 times to begin to break down the nuts.
- Add dates, maca powder, and cacao powder. Process until the mixture becomes a course meal. It should be crumbly, but will hold together if you pinch it between your fingers.
- Using a 2 teaspoon scoop, scoop dough into hands and firmly press and roll into balls. This will yield 24 small bites. Using a tablespoon sized scoop will yield 12 bites.
Keywords: energy bite, energy ball, no bake