This simple Greek salad with spiralized cucumber is packed with vegetables and is bursting with flavor. It is perfect alongside chicken kebabs or gyros!
Quick question. How many hours of Olympic competition did you watch this weekend? I definitely put in a few solid hours each day. I love watching swimming and gymnastics, but cycling, fencing, volleyball, and tennis were great too! And I felt slightly guilty about it because it was gorgeous outside; but the summer Olympics only happen once every four years and I just couldn’t miss it!
Don’t worry. I still got in my fair share of time in the sun (with sunscreen, of course) – long walks on both Saturday and Sunday, shopping at the farmers market, and hitting balls at the driving range.
And if you are a slightly intuitive person, you most likely picked up on the fact that I like Greek food. In fact, I love all Mediterranean food. One of my favorite things about this cuisine is all the veggies, and today I made you a Greek salad with spiralized cucumber to highlight all of that veggie goodness.
I absolutely love my spiralizer. Do you have one? I toyed with the idea for a while because I don’t like having very many gadgets in the kitchen… and if I do add another to my collection, it needs to:
- Serve more than one purpose. The spiralizer has three different blades and there are countless ways to use it!
- Be user friendly. The spiralizer couldn’t be easier to use; all you have to do is swap the blades in and out, insert your veggie or fruit, and turn the crank! Instant noodles.
- Be easy to clean. The spiralizer is completely plastic, except for the blades; and the whole thing can go right into your dishwasher.
Look at those gorgeous cucumber noodles! But don’t worry if you don’t have a spiralizer; you can easily just chop up your cucumber and toss it in the salad like the rest of the vegetables!
This salad has all the vegetables you could ever want – cucumber, yellow, orange, and green bell peppers, red onion, and tomatoes. And I added kalamata olives and feta cheese because this is a Greek salad after all.
This Greek salad with Spiralized Cucumber will be a hit on your dinner table! If you make this salad or any of my recipes, don’t forget to post a picture social media and use the hashtag #imhungrybynature for a chance to be featured!Print
For the salad:
- 1 large cucumber
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 orange bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1/2 small red onion
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
For the dressing:
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon oregono
- Salt and Pepper
- 4 ounces Feta cheese
- Prepare your ingredients: Spiralize the cucumber using the slicing blade. Chop bell peppers. Mince red onion. Slice olives and grape tomatoes in half. Crumble the Feta.
- Place all salad ingredients in a large bowl.
- Press or mince garlic into a small bowl. Add dressing ingredients and whisk to combine.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss to combine.
Look. At. All. That. COLOR.
Get your copy of One Bite Might Kill Me
Get my top 3 tried and true ways I deal with friends and family who question my food choices and recipes you can bring to the table that everyone will love!