Say good morning to your new favorite breakfast! These classic blueberry muffins are both gluten and grain free thanks to cassava flour. This recipe requires only 10 minutes of prep and 20 minutes in the oven – perfect for breakfast on the go or as a side to a big brunch. Cassava flour gives these gluten free blueberry muffins their hearty moist textures with bursts of fresh blueberries!
1 cup applesauce, unsweetened*
¼ cup plain greek yogurt
1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/4 cup pure maple syrup
1 1/2 cups cassava flour (I prefer Otto’s!)
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and spray a 12-cup muffin pan with non-stick spray or line with parchment liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, applesauce, yogurt, lemon juice, vanilla extract, and maple syrup until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, combine the cassava flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt, then gently stir the dry mixture into the wet until just combined. Fold in the blueberries, then fill parchment liners nearly to the top to make 12 muffins.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 22-25 minutes or until muffins rise and toothpick inserted in the center of one comes out clean. Cool on wire racks before serving.
* If you do not like applesauce, you could also use 1 cup mashed banana.
** You can also bake this batter in a donut pan! Bake for 13-15 minutes or until donuts rise and toothpick inserted in the center of one comes out clean.
Keywords: cassava flour, muffins, breakfast recipe