Ready in under 30 minutes, this simple and light summer quinoa salad is bursting with the fresh flavors of mango, spinach, almond, and cranberry!
You guys are probably sick of this… I know, I know it’s another cold summer quinoa salad. But seriously, this one is SO good. <—- I say that every time, right?! I actually made this two days in a row because I loved it so much. There is just something wonderful about mango in salad and I cannot get enough.
Plus the health benefits of quinoa are endless. Seriously this stuff is GOOD and good for you.
This salad is super simple and it comes together in a flash. Cook some quinoa – I used red quinoa from Trader Joe’s. While the quinoa is cooking, prep your other ingredients; chop some spinach, slices those green onions, and chop up a mango. THAT’S IT. Easy-peasy.
Mix it all together and toss it with a 3-ingredient dressing. Yep, just 3 ingredients. You’re welcome.
Are you with me and this whole quinoa salad thing? What do you add to your summer quinoa salad that I’m missing?? Tell me!
This will definitely NOT be my last summer quinoa salad and I hope you love it as much as I do! If you make any of my recipes, don’t forget to post a picture social media and use the hashtag #imhungrybynature for a chance to be featured!Print
- 1/2 cup red quinoa, uncooked and rinsed
- 1 cup water
- 1 large mango
- 1 large handful spinach
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 2 green onions
For the dressing:
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- Combine the quinoa and water in a small pot on the stove. Bring to a bowl, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes or until all the water is absorbed.
- While the quinoa is cooking, prepare your other ingredients: chop the mango, roughly the chop spinach, and slice the green onions.
- Add all dressing ingredients to a small jar and vigorously shake to combine.
- When the quinoa is done and cooled (you can rinse the cooked quinoa to bring the temp down), combine all ingredients in a bowl, cover with dressing, and toss to combine.
I’m diving headfirst into that bowl!
Don’t miss out on my other favorite quinoa salad recipes:
[one_half padding=”0 5px 0 0″]Kale Cranberry and Almond Quinoa Salad[/one_half]
[one_half_last padding=”0 0px 0 5px”]Chicken Avocado Salad with Tomatillo Dressing[/one_half_last]
Get your copy of One Bite Might Kill Me
Get my top 3 tried and true ways I deal with friends and family who question my food choices and recipes you can bring to the table that everyone will love!