It’s my favorite day of the week – Taco Tuesday! Let’s eat some fish tacos.
Let’s get right down to it because tacos are
probably most definitely one of my favorite foods. Once I made a different taco variation every single day for an entire week just for the heck of it and I LOVED IT. Every single second of it.
Fish tacos happen to be one of the most wonderful things on the planet. <— That’s actually scientifically proven. I can send you the data if you’re really interested, or you can just trust me. Just trust me.
These tacos are stupid easy to make, but sometimes I am real lazy and in those cases I go to one of two places in Chicago – I love the crispy fish taco from Antique Taco and the raw ahi tuna poke taco from BIG & littles. Srsly. If you live in Chicago and haven’t tried either of those yet, you must.
Like, stop reading this blog and go. Right now. I mean not riiiiight now, please finish reading and then go.
Have you guys gotten into the cauliflower fad – Cauliflower pizza crust? Cauliflower steaks? Cauliflower rice? I tried the pizza crust thing and I just can’t get into it. The crust is the best part of the pizza! And I honestly haven’t tried cauliflower steaks yet… not so sure about it. But I am WAY into cauliflower rice.
And this slaw? So easy (I cheated and bought a bag of cabbage slaw from Trader Joe’s) and the dressing is a simple mix of Greek yogurt and lime juice.
Seriously, this is what fish taco dreams are made of.
You won’t be sorry if you celebrate Taco Tuesday with these fish tacos! If you make this recipe and post on social media, use the hashtag #imhungrybynature for a chance to be featured! Please follow along!Print
Fast and fresh fish tacos with cabbage slaw and cilantro-lime cauliflower rice are ideal for Taco Tuesday!
For the cilantro-lime cauliflower rice:
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- Juice of one lime
- 1/4 cup packed cilantro, minced
For the cabbage slaw:
- 6 cups cabbage slaw – mix of green cabbage, purple cabbage, and carrots
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt (omit for AIP)
- Juice of 1 lime
For the tilapia:
- 2 tilapia filets
- Salt and Pepper (omit pepper for AIp)
- 2 Tablespoons oil
- Corn tortilla shells (omit for AIP)
- Cut cauliflower florets off head and use a food processor to turn the florets into rice.
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium head and add a slick of olive oil. Add chopped onion and cook until the onion begins to turn color and soften. Add the cauliflower rice and the lime juice. Cover and let the rice steam for approximately 5 minutes until tender. Stir in cilantro and set aside.
- Mix together Greek yogurt and lime juice. Toss with cabbage slaw and set aside.
- Bring non-stick skillet to high head and add oil. Salt and pepper both sides of the tilapia and add to pan, searing for approximately 2-3 minutes on each side until the fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Add fish to tortilla shells, top with cabbage slaw, black beans, and any other topping you would like! Serve with cilantro-lime cauliflower rice.
Happy Taco Tuesday!
Get your copy of One Bite Might Kill Me
Get my top 3 tried and true ways I deal with friends and family who question my food choices and recipes you can bring to the table that everyone will love!