My ideal chili recipe is low maintenance, full of flavor, and loaded with good for you ingredients. This Slow Cooker Turkey Chili with Sweet Potatoes is just that – and it’s perfect for feeding a crowd!
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 2 pounds ground turkey
- 3 Tablespoons chili powder
- 1 Tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 small sweet potatoes, chopped
- 1 14.5 ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 14.5 ounce can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 14.5 ounce cans fire roasted tomatoes
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- Toppings: plan Greek yogurt, cheddar cheese, hot sauce
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the olive oil, onion, and garlic and sauté for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Add the bell pepper and sauté for another 2-3 minutes. Add the turkey, chili powder, cumin, smoked paprika, cayenne, salt, and pepper and sauté for 6-7 minutes or until turkey is cooked through.
- Add the turkey and onion mixture to the slow cooker. Add the remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.
- Serve and enjoy!
Keywords: chili, slow cooker, ground turkey