Creamy roasted squash soup combines roasted butternut squash and carrots to make a creamy (but creamless!) paleo and Whole30 compliant soup!
- 1 pound butternut squash, cubed
- 2 pounds carrots, roughly chopped
- 3 unpeeled garlic cloves
- 4 cups (32 ounces) vegetable broth
- 1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Spread the butternut squash and the carrots on the baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil and pinches of salt and pepper.
- Wrap the garlic cloves, along with a drizzle of olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper, in a piece of aluminum foil and place it on the baking sheet with the vegetables.
- Roast for 35 to 45 minutes or until the squash and carrots are tender and just caramelized. Remove from the oven and let cool slightly.
- While the vegetables cool slightly, warm vegetable broth in a medium pot over low heat.
- Add the roasted butternut squash, carrots, and peeled garlic to the vegetable broth. Using an immersion blender, blend until smooth.
- Add the olive oil, apple cider vinegar, and a pinch of salt and pepper and blend. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.
- Serve with an extra drizzle of olive oil, pepitas, and cilantro.
Keywords: whole30, soup, easy dinner, vegetarian, vegan