Made with 5 ingredients, this creamy carrot ginger soup will warm your heart, soul, and belly during the cold winters months. And it’s Whole30 approved too!
- 2 pounds carrots
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil, divided
- Salt and pepper
- 2 inch nub of ginger, peeled
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Wash carrots and trim. Place on a baking sheet; drizzle with 1 1/2 Tablespoon olive oil and salt and pepper.
- Roast for 40 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- While the carrots roast, saute onions in remaining olive oil until translucent.
- Add onions, roasted carrots, ginger, coconut milk, and stock to a high-powered blender (a Vitamix or Blendtec will work best!). Using the soup setting, blend until the soup is creamy and smooth.
Keywords: soup, carrot, ginger, whole30