Coconut lime cookies with tequila drizzle are like a Cinco de Mayo party in your mouth! Made with pantry staples and bite-sized, they’re easy to whip up and easier to take down!
It’s the final week of TACO MONTH on Hungry by Nature and we’re making dessert!! As I mentioned the last few weeks, I am going to be sharing recipes all month long to get you ready for Cinco de Mayo – because HELLO tacos are life and any holiday that gives me another excuse to eat them is a winner in my book.
COCONUT LIME COOKIES WITH TEQUILA DRIZZLE
I’ve said it before, but tequila is my drink of choice. So when I thought about adding tequila to the glaze for these cookies, I said HELL YEA!
If you do any gluten free / paleo baking, I guarantee you already have all of these ingredients in your pantry.
But let’s talk about a few key ingredients to make these coconut lime cookies!
Coconut oil: Coconut oil is easily my favorite oil to bake with. You could also sub melted butter or ghee in this recipe – but the taste will be a little different!
Coconut sugar: I love using coconut sugar in recipes because it’s an unrefined sugar and is a great substitute for when you don’t want the taste of maple syrup or honey.
Almond flour: Almond flour is the base of these cookies and gives them a soft cake-like texture. Pat said these cookies taste like you’re biting into a cloud and that’s thanks to the almond flour.
Coconut flour: I like using coconut flour in my paleo recipes because it helps to thicken the dough. It is also super high in fiber and healthy fats!
See what I mean about biting into a cloud?
But do you know what’s the best part about these gluten free coconut lime cookies? They are made in your food processor!
Simple baking for the win. Always.
It’s as easy as:
- Preheat your oven.
- Make dough in food processor.
- Let cookies cool and try not to eat them. << THIS is the hardest part.
- Dip in tequila glaze.
And if you are looking for another tequila inspired dessert, try my raw margarita cheesecake bars!
I know you are going to die over these coconut lime cookies with tequila drizzle!! When you make them for Cinco de Mayo, post a picture on social media and use the hashtag #imhungrybynature so that I can see!Print
Coconut lime cookies with tequila drizzle is a like a Cinco de Mayo party in your mouth! Made with pantry staples and bite-sized, they’re easy to whip up and easier to take down!
For the cookie:⠀
- 1/3 cup melted and cooled coconut oil⠀
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar⠀
- 1 egg, at room temperature⠀
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract⠀
- lime juice from 1/2 lime⠀
- 1 cup packed fine almond flour⠀
- 3 tablespoons coconut flour⠀
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda⠀
- 1/4 teaspoon salt⠀
- zest of 1 lime⠀
For the tequila drizzle:⠀
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar⠀
- 2–3 teaspoons tequila⠀
- zest of 1 lime⠀
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.⠀
- In the bowl of a food processor, add in coconut oil, sugar, egg, and vanilla. Process for 20-30 seconds until well combined.
- Next add in almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda and salt. Process until a dough forms. Allow dough to sit for 5 minutes.⠀
- Using a small cookie scoop, scoop dough onto prepared cookie sheet. Bake for 9-11 minutes.⠀
- Remove from oven, transfer to a wire rack and allow cookies to cool completely before frosting.⠀
- Combine powdered sugar and lime zest with 1 teaspoon tequila. Continue to add tequila until the glaze becomes your desired consistency.⠀
Keywords: dessert, cookie, tequila, cinco de mayo
Save this recipe for your Cinco de Mayo party!
Join the Hungry by Nature tribe!
Get the latest recipes, exclusive content, and much more!