Made with only 5 ingredients (including salt, olive oil, and water!!), these coconut and cassava tortillas were inspired by my love of Siete’s grain-free tortillas at a fraction of the cost! Make them the next time you’re having tacos >> breakfast this weekend!
- 1/2 cup cassava flour
- 1 Tablespoon coconut flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup warm water
- Whisk together cassava flour, coconut flour, and salt. Add olive oil and water. Stir until the mixture is well combined, smooth, and a dough is formed.
- Divide into 6 even amounts and roll into balls.
- Using a tortilla press (or two heavy books or a rolling pin), form into tortillas.
- Heat a dry skillet over medium heat. Cook tortilla, one at a time, until the tortilla begins to bubble (about 1 minute), flip and cook for another minute.
- Cool on a rack until ready to use.
- For breakfast, serve with bacon, scrambled eggs, sliced avocado, and hot sauce!
Keywords: tacos, taco recipe