Chorizo meatball sliders are an easy and flavor-filled way to feed the whole family! Inspired by Italian meatball sandwiches, these sliders served on sweet potato buns are a spicy and healthy spin on the classic sandwich.
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 large egg
- 2 Tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup almond meal
- 3 Tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound spicy ground chorizo
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add shallot and garlic and saute until the shallot is translucent, about 3 minutes.
- While the shallot and garlic is cooking, beat the egg and water together in a large bowl. Add almond meal, cilantro, chili powder, cumin, and oregano. Mix thoroughly.
- Add in the sauteed shallot and garlic, along with the beef and chorizo. Add salt to taste. Use your hands to mix until fully combined.
- Spray a baking sheet with olive oil. Using your hands, shape mixture into 2 inch diameter meatballs – you should get 16 – and arrange them on your baking sheet.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until the meatballs are cooked through.
- Serve on sweet potato rounds (I toasted mine but you could roast them too!) with lettuce, guacamole, and more cilantro!
Keywords: chorizo, meatball, meatball recipe