Easy Larabar bites based on the Chocolate Chip Cherry Torte flavor! Indulge in your sweet tooth with this naturally sweetened and whole ingredient treat!
- 1 cup dates, soaked
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 cup dried cherries
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips (I like Enjoy Life Dairy Free chocolate chips!)
- 1 teaspoon salt*
- Optional: 1/8 cup chocolate chips, for the drizzle, and sea salt
- Place dates in a bowl with warm water, soak for at least 15 minutes to soften.
- Place almonds and cashews in a food processor and pulse until the nuts are finely ground, resembling a flour.
- Drain dates from the water and place into the bowl of the food processor along with the dried cherries and salt. Pulse to combine, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Add in the chocolate chips and pulse a few times. You want the chips to break down somewhat, but not completely.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop mixture into hands and form into balls.
- If adding the chocolate drizzle, melt chocolate chips in the microwave with a little coconut oil until melted. Drizzle on Larabar bites and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Place in the freezer for 10 minutes to set. And store in the fridge or freezer until ready to eat.
Feel free to omit salt if you are using salted almonds or cashews.
Keywords: snack, energy bites, Larabar, easy recipe