For the chicken marinade:
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- 2 Tablespoons chicken shawarma spice blend
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
For the salad:
- 1 small head red leaf lettuce, chopped
- 1 small head romaine, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh mint, chopped
- 1 cup sliced Persian cucumber
- 1/2 pint grape tomatoes, sliced in half
For the dressing:
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1/4–1/2 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon pink salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Combine all ingredients for the marinade in a small bowl and whisk together. Place chicken into a plastic bag and pour marinade over the top. Allow the chicken to marinade in the fridge for at least one hour.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Place chicken on a rimmed baking sheet and pour excess marinade over top. Roast for 30 minutes or until cooked through.
- While the chicken roasts, prep your salad and dressing. In a large serving bowl, combine all salad ingredients and toss. To a blender add tahini, olive oil, lemon juice, 1/4 cup water, salt and pepper. Blend until fully emulsified. If continue to add up to an additional 1/4 cup water until the dressing reaches your desired consistency. Toss the salad with the dressing (I didn’t use all of the dressing!).
- When the chicken is done, allow to rest for 5 minutes and slice into strips. Add chicken to salad and serve immediately.