- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 5 medium tomatillos, quartered
- 3 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 cooked, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 medium avocado, cubed
- 1 cup fresh or thawed corn kernels
- 1 15oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 thinly sliced green onion
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Bring 2 cups of water and quinoa to a boil in a saucepan; place on the lid and let simmer until the water is absorbed, about 15 minutes. Fluff with a fork and let cool.
- While the quinoa is cooking, make the dressing. Place tomatillos in a food processor; process until chopped. Add lime juice, olive oil, and sugar; process until smooth.
- After the quinoa has cooled, combine quinoa, tomatillo dressing, chicken, and remaining ingredients in a large bowl; toss gently.